Friday, May 27, 2011

School Is Out For Summer


First Day Of School August 2010

Today is the last day of school in Cassia County.  Where did the past 9 months go? It seems like just yesterday that I was standing in line at Raft River High school complaining about the $277.00 in fees I had to pay for the year. (Free public education. Ha!)  I have got to slow down and enjoy my life before it's over!

Some things I will miss this summer:
the routine
high school sports
the school buses driving past the house
Coach Spaeth's music at the basketball games
the weekends
Echo Hansen coming over for lunch
kindergartners
RRHS fight song
having the afternoons to myself
public displays of affection when I pass Jeff in the hall at school


Some things I will NOT miss this summer:
the routine
homework
busy schedules
waking up at 6 a.m.
sports practice
fixing a hot breakfast
feeling guilty when I don't fix a hot breakfast
6th grade P.E.
Tom Luna
washing uniforms
Monday mornings

I can hear every mother's collective sigh of relief and groan of protest.
I get it.



3 comments:

  1. Who is Tom Luna? He sounds very ominous.

    I have conflicting feelings about school being out too. It's funny that as a mom you think you are done with school only to find out you are in kindergarten, 4th grade, and 6th grade all at the same time. It is too much homework for one mom to handle :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i, for one, do not like school being out for the little ninos. (it means the kids i nanny are there ALL DAY...instead of just half the day.) ugh. :(

    also...since when did you ever need to cook a hot breakfast? my favorite thing about sleeping over at aunt risa's house was all the yum cold cereal to pick from in the mornings. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gonna sound weird, but I cried when I read this post. Where is Echo going to go for lunch now?

    ReplyDelete