Sunday, May 22, 2011

And They're Running........

State Track

 Bronco Stadium, Boise Idaho.

Important track terms.
1. "And they're running....."  Usually announced at the firing of the gun to let the spectators know that the race has started. (Uh, duh.)
2. Sophomore pronounced: Soff- UH- more. As in Sophomore, Haaaaaileeeeeeeey GreeeenwooD! (We heard that a lot this weekend.)
3. 400 Meter: One lap around the track.
4. Anchor leg: last runner in a relay race.


The Fans





The Pole Vault
The coaches talked Hailey into pole vaulting this year. It was fun and frustrating and a learning experience for sure!
She placed 9th of 17.


 


The Races
 800M Sprint Medley Relay
(400M anchor Leg)
4th Place


400M
4th Place

4x400M Relay
(Anchor Leg)
2nd Place

Kassie Ottley was puking and unavailable for the photo. :)


The Champs
The RRHS team also won the 1A Academic Championship Trophy. They had the highest combined GPA of any 1A schools competing. Pretty cool.






Soff-UH-more Haileeeey GreeeenwooD
  





 













I watched the track meet through the lens of a camera. I had tears in my eyes many times as I saw Hailey work hard, compete, and accomplish the goals that she set for herself. She did it beautifully.

It's a joy and a privilege to be Hailey's mom.


4 comments:

  1. Those are some great shots Risa!!! Sometimes the world is more clear through the lenses of a camera. :) what an awesome family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looked like an AMAZING DAY! Thanks for sharing it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to go HAAAAAAAILEEEEEEY! I don't think I ever heard my mom say it was a "joy" to be my mother when I was a soff-uh-more. Just shows you how special Hailey is. I love all of your pictures. You must have an amazing camera and amazing skills.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wished I liked to run. Tell Hailey never to stop :)Also tell Hailey great job! It is nice to see Paige up and around.

    ReplyDelete