Sunday, July 3, 2011

South Lake Tahoe, California

The Greenwoods are vacationing at Lake Tahoe this week.
Well, all of the Greenwoods but me.

Jeff, Hailey and Paige are going on a road trip without me this year. Crazy I know, but I just felt like I had too much to do to vacation! It looks like we have a buyer for our house and our target date for moving is July 25th. Someone has to pack up all of our stuff! That someone is me.
The family will be gone for 6 days. Wow. I don't remember a time ever, that I have spent that many days alone. I'm going to miss the girls. I'm going to miss Jeff. I'm sure that I won't sleep well without his warm body next to mine.
I have big ideas on how I will spend the days. The first thing on my list is the storage room. Every box and tote needs to be opened and accessed. I'm planning on getting rid of half of everything in there. Good plan I think.

So it's me, myself and I the for the next 6 days. Cleaning, sorting and packing. Nobody to cook for or clean up after. No questions to answer. No demands upon my time, but for those I place myself.  Staying up late, sleeping in. I can even eat cold cereal for dinner!

Sounds like a vacation to me. :)

2 comments:

  1. Risa I will see you in a few hours are you coming to my house for dinner today I love to read your blog Love, Kristi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lame! You need a vacation after all that!

    ReplyDelete