Friday, July 8, 2011

One Box At A Time

This week I had the best of intentions. Starting the process of packing was my goal. Six days later, I have not made much progress. Not because I didn't want to, I just didn't get it done. Every time I would open a closet or drawer, I would be faced with a wonderful memory. What do I do with all of the stuff and the memories associated with it?

Honestly, not a lot was accomplished. I spent most of my time reminiscing and crying. Some tears of sadness yes, but also some really sweet tears too. I found a daughter's 16th birthday card. A CD from a long ago dance performance. A picture colored by a toddler's hand. A favorite pair of pink and white Nike shoes. The spring from our trampoline. And believe it or not two socks I was able to match together.

I didn't do much packing of boxes. I did however, pack up my memories to take with me to my new home. There isn't a box big enough to hold them all.




6 comments:

  1. Love this post. Here's to creating even more great memories in the future!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate moving. Just reading about you doing it gives me anxiety. I hope it all goes perfectly for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jeff just read this blog and said, "This could be a long process." Hahaha. Probably. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Risa, I was happy to see you have a blog! I enjoyed reading your post; good luck with all of the packing. It is a beautiful place you are moving too. It will be sad not seeing your cute family when I come home to visit. Here is my blog if you want it. jillandglenlau.blogspot.com

    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  5. What you said is so true about moving. It's always bittersweet. Your family will truly be missed in Malta. I hope you will love your new place and make many more great memories.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aren't you glad you can bring all of the great memories with you!

    (When I was pregnant and found out Kendyl was a girl, I figured I should probably get rid of all the boys' clothes I'd been storing. That was a bad idea...I opened the first bin and starting sorting through the clothes and every article of clothing reminded me a a sweet moment I never wanted to forget. I still have all my boy clothes!)

    ReplyDelete