Tuesday, July 26, 2011

The Place I Call Home

The packing is done. The moving van is here. How do I say goodbye to a place like Malta? It's much more than a place really, it's a wonderful community, a way of life. It's all I've known for the past 14 years. It's been my home.

During my time in Malta I have given birth, graduated 3 children from high school, sent a son on a mission, married two daughters and became a grandmother. One rank of Eagle Scout was reached and two young women medallions earned. Ball games were won and lost, hearts were broken and mended. Two still born babies were laid in the ground. I was toilet papered, befriended, supported and loved.

The hours of service I have received from your hands are countless; endless. The meals laid on my table were made with compassion and received with gratitude. I have shared my worries and secrets; my hopes and my fears. And you were there for me always. Without fail. Every time.

So I won't say good bye. I'll tell you that I will see you again. You will always be my friends. I'll keep a little part of Malta in my heart when I go. There will be good people wherever I live, but none will be better than the people of Malta, Idaho.

 I love you all.

4 comments:

  1. Good luck with the move! I will sure miss seeing you and your family! I still remember when you moved in. That new boy in 4th grade sure became a great friend!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just think it's kind of funny that you're moving to a SMALLER TOWN than Malta!!! Changes are always hard. I think this will be a good one though...I KNOW WE WILL STILL SEE YOU OFTEN!!!!!!!!! Guess we should start looking for a place up there too!!! We'll feeling kind of left out here!!! Be thankful you have f.b. and a blog to keep in touch with all your Malta neighbors and family...WE LOVE YOU...

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are killing me. Were you trying to make me cry? Mission accomplished. Good luck! See you next week end. I might even send Brielle to Wyoming with you :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Risa, & Jeff good luck to you all I will miss you all I will see you all next week end for the jones camp out Love, Kristi

    ReplyDelete