Thursday, June 9, 2011

Sick And Tired

I don't like to hear people complain, and I try not to do much of it myself. But can I just say that I am sick and tired of being sick and tired!

 I have been feeling under the weather since about the second week in of May. Ugh. I am totally convinced that I have mono. Or something else just as terrible. I could sleep all the time. I don't, but I could. After the better part of three weeks in bed, I'm out, for the most part. But whenever I stop, I sleep.

 I think my body is just responding to the recent stress level in my life. The marriage of a daughter, the surgery and recovery of another and the possibility of relocating for a new job were just too much for me I think. I guess I am not "Superwoman" after all.

You all know that I am an avid herbs and vitamins type of girl. Well, that has temporarily changed. I've resorted to chemical healing. Or I should say "chemical induced  sleep so I don't cough up a lung every night" healing.  NyQuil is my new best friend. Seriously. I take two gel-caps every night, so I can sleep and not cough all night. I'm not proud of it, but it's true.

Recently I told a friend, "I feel like I wake up in the morning with a hang-over." They replied, "You feel like you have a hang-over because you do have a hang-over." Jeff says that I snore when I take it. I don't even care. Hang-over, snoring, it's all worth a good nights sleep.

I think I'll live.
 I hope NyQuil is not addictive. 

5 comments:

  1. Now I know what to get you for Christmas!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can totally relate except my exhaustion is baby induced :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you get to feeling better soon....sending stress-free vibes your way! Hope all is going well with the relocating plans....can't believe you guys are moving!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What? You are moving? Why am I always the last to know. Don't you know Kaylin NEVER tells us anything just in case it is a secret. Where are you going?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't believe you guys are moving so far away from home I will miss watching Hailey play basketball in the Raft River High School. Love, Kristi Jones

    ReplyDelete