Wednesday, June 15, 2011

I Love My Nat-Bones

Natalie was born 22 years ago today. She came into the world on a hot summer evening. We drove her home from the hospital in our new red Hyundai. (We still own that car!) I was so excited when the doctor announced that she was a girl! Every mother wants at least one, and I scored a daughter on my second try!  She was a quiet, peaceful baby and toddler and a very shy child. She made up for that when she was a teenager.:)

Natalie has grown into a lovely woman, sister and wife, and now is a mother with a daughter of her own. Shortly after she was married Bryce called and said, "Who is this girl? She's not the sister I was raised with!" She has many personal strengths such as her peaceful nature, acceptance of others and patience. She contributes with the cooking and cleaning when she is at home. I really appreciate that about her.

Fun Facts About Natalie
Her nick-name is Nat-Bones.
 Natalie went to kindergarten twice.
She loves to eat meat! (Can I have a bowl of chicken?)
She always wins when playing games, because she cheats!
She was born in California
Natalie loves to run.
Natalie had a 6 week courtship before she became engaged.
She has natural curly hair, which she hates.
She takes very long showers.
She slept through the night at 3 weeks.
She has one speed: Slow.
Natalie hates to answer the door and talk on the phone.
Once at a dance competition, the top of her costume fell off. She finished the dance with a smile.






The rewards of Motherhood are few and far between. I am reaping them now.
Happy 22nd Birthday Nat-Bones







 

4 comments:

  1. i loved the fun facts.:) happy birthday nat!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Natalie too, and I still call her Nat-bones when I see her. I bet she is a great mom!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Risa I love to read your blogs they are all so fun to read keep up the good work do you read my blog Love, Kristi

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad you included the dance competition fun fact. I couldn't help but chuckle. That's definitely in my top ten high school memories. Natalie is awesome! :)

    ReplyDelete