Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Texas Bound

 

I have been thinking this week about Natalie's first day of Kindergarten. That was a hard day. For me and for her. The closer the bus got to the bus stop, the tighter she held onto my hand. She had a firm grip by the time it had completely stopped. She looked up at me with her big blue eyes and I could see the fear there. I smiled and calmed her and said something really reassuring like "You can do it!" The roles are reversed this time, and I feel like I'm the one gripping tightly to her hand now. The closer the day gets for Natalie and Max's departure to Texas, the more sadness I feel. I know I can do this. But it's going to be hard.

Max will start physical therapy school at Baylor University. This has been a goal of his for a long time. One that he has worked really hard for. He is going to be a great student, and before I know it a  Dr. of Physical Therapy. Natalie will be right there by his side. Supporting, loving and helping. It's a good thing. Really. (I remind myself of that a lot these days.)

I am going to miss them. I'm going to miss Brittin. Terribly. I hope she doesn't forget me before I see her again. I'll miss her first steps, talking in sentences, lots of holidays and too many other things to list. We will Skype and talk on the phone and I'll say to her, "Grandma loves you." I've told her this as often as I could since the day she was born.



 

They will take a little piece of my heart when they go.
San Antonio is going to be a great vacation destination. :)

2 comments:

  1. You will be O.k. and so will they! You only have 1 grandbaby that lives far away...We have 10 scattered everywhere...:(
    You might have to just get a job with Jet Blue and work at home!!! (Great Travel Benefits I hear) Hey, we're still here for you!!!! Love You.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When you're the child it's sometimes easy to forget those people you leave behind in your excitement to live your life. I'm just glad that where ever I've lived my Mom and Dad jumped in the car and came to visit me!

    ReplyDelete