Wednesday, September 7, 2011

My Hubby And Me





Twenty-seven years ago today, Jeff & I began our journey as a married couple. And what a journey it has been! I can't think of anyone else who would have put up with me for that many years. :) We make a pretty good pair.

I am high-strung, he is laid back.

I am on time, he is late.

I am strict parent, he is and easy one.

I make quick decisions, he thinks things through.

I go to bed early, he stays up late. 

I am talkative and loud, he is more quiet and reserved.

I love the theatre, he loves sports.

He is patient and I am really not.

I remember the first time we met. We were both at a BYU football game. I was with my family and he was on a date. He will deny this, but he once told me that when he met me he didn't think I was cute. (Ouch!) 

I also remember the first time I was really impressed by him. Dee and I drove to California one summer and made plans to visit Jeff in Fremont for a couple of days. His parents had a group home for handicapped foster children and had 9 children living in their home at that time. One of them was a girl named Nikki who was paralyzed and had some brain damage. I remember him picking her up, giving her a big kiss, putting her in a wheel chair, and taking her outside. I thought to myself, "I could marry this guy!" And I did.

And of course I remember our first fight. :) He was teasing me about the theatre and my drama classes. I'm sure he didn't mean to offend, but he hurt my feelings, and I cried. (It was possibly after we had watched the 3rd or 4th football game that day.)

We've had a great 27 years together, sprinkled liberally with disagreements, fights, challenges and the many other normal things of married life. But he has been good to me. Always.

I love you Jeff. Thanks for 27 wonderful years. I'm hoping for 27 more.







6 comments:

  1. adorable! congrats on the anniversary.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the pictures! you and jeff look SO young! :) happy anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I guess it's true that "OPPOSITES!" attract! Hope you do something memorable!!! love you both...Your favorite Sister in Law!!! I hope this is true!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. glad to hear that even "great" marriages have their share of disagreements and problems. I'll have to agree that opposites DO attract. Danny and I are totally opposite on as many different aspects as you and Jeff are. I think it brings a lot of balance and insight into a marriage. I'm in for 27 more years, as well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy anniversary!! I had to giggle about your first fight. Eric and I still have that same fight over and over! Guess that means I too have to echo "opposites attract" :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this :) I still remember your wedding (I had great hair that day :) You and Jeff really are the perfect complementary couple.

    ReplyDelete